Stress And Its Effects On Your Health, Body, and Quality Of Life
We all know what stress is, and all of us have experienced it. But what is it exactly, can you define it? Stress is the body’s physical response to mental pressure, and the body expresses it through increased levels of pain, low energy, low mood, problems sleeping (which also aggravate pain), and appetite changes. Unfortunately, stress is unavoidable, but for people who suffer from pain, it can become a never-ending downward spiral, since suffering from ongoing or chronic pain can induce stress and then the stress will exasperate the pain, and on and on it goes… Not only is the experience of pain in itself a stressful phenomenon but then the consequences of pain – such as daily-life tasks becoming more difficult to accomplish, or the ongoing struggle to try to find a solution or a cure for the pain, will combine to produce further stress which then circles back to increased pain. Once you add in the stress-inducing life events which happen in everyone’s life, we begin to understand the huge impact that stress has on pain and on one’s quality of life in general. So if you don’t want to end up in a pain/stress downward spiral, it is essential for everyone to keep stress in check, especially for people who already suffer from ongoing pain. Since it is impossible to avoid stress all together we have to learn ways to control and contain stress.
Let’s examine how to destress ourselves and lead a happier, healthier and more beautiful life:
- Meditate – Everyone has heard of this method and its positive effects on the self, we even wrote about it in a previous post-meditation as a way to help ease and control pain. This practice of focused deep breathing and tranquil thought has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Yoga and prayer can also be used interchangeably with meditation and produce similar results.
- Decompress – Actually do things that you enjoy, maybe you like to go to concerts, or plays, or sports games. Or simply sitting and reading, or sewing or any hobby will do the trick. Spending time with family or friends doing something fun is a great way to take a break and forget all your worries.
- Massage – This is the most ancient technique for dealing with stress and pain. Human touch is a wonderful thing and has healing properties on its own. But when you combine that with applied pressure to specific areas and points on the body it takes on healing qualities that help with stress elimination and improvements in various health conditions.
- Exercise – In the context of stress, exercise and its positive effects can take on any form of activity, be it a hike in nature, a walk in the city, a dance class at the gym, or a game of volleyball at the beach. During physical activity the body releases endorphins, which are chemicals that work to boost your mood, it also helps melt away stress, lower blood pressure, protect the heart and help you control your weight. Not to mention it is also a great way to help decrease or at least control pain.
- Cut the cord – With the advent of technology, we are reachable, able to connect and be productive virtually at all times and all places. So set a time limit for your productivity hours, after that avoid stress-inducing devices and relax, maybe even do something enjoyable.
- Magnesium – It helps to regulate the nervous system which in turn regulates the stress coping mechanisms. It is widely known to be a calming and relaxing mineral, which also helps with sleep, digestion and much more. Not a bad vitamin to have on your shelves.
- Be positive – When you find yourself in a stress causing situation, try to look at it from a positive perspective. Allow yourself to laugh more, studies show that laughter lowers levels of stress hormones, reduces inflammation in the arteries, and increases HDL cholesterol.
While the above de-stressors are sure to help you achieve a more balanced life, you might find that some extra help is still needed to ease the chronic pain. Solio Pain Relief device will help you do just that. It’s an energy emitting device that combines 3 powerful energies, RF, LLV, and IR, to reach to the source of the pain and heal it from within.